Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Lab School Challenge

Next week I'll be co-facilitating a cohort at Punahou Lab School.  We'll be working primarily with Early Ed teachers and will challenge them to gamify their curriculum.


In April, I was fortunate enough to attend the EdTech Teacher iPad Summit in Atlanta and attended a fabulous pre-conference session with Darren Kuropatwa on iPads in the Early years.  My absolute favorite activity from his session was the Learning on Your Feet, a mobile learning scavenger hunt which you can see here if you're on an iPad (it's an epub file). Luckily, Darren has licensed his workshops under the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike Non-Commercial 3.0 License and so I've modified his activity to this challenge for our cohort (here's the link if the document below doesn't load):

So I'm super excited to create daily challenges and we're going to challenge our participants to become connected educators on day 2.  I'm going to start working on that now, which is a challenge for me because we're trying to keep it to 90 minutes or less, but I'm going to give it a try.

I haven't really been posting to this blog, but if you're reading this, I'd love to hear any iPad challenge ideas you have!  Tweet me @elliemellie or leave me a comment.  I'll be sure to share next weeks Lab School activities as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment